The terms and conditions below govern the sale of goods from Woodway UK (“the Company”) to you (“the Customer”).
Price and Ordering
- No Contract shall come into existence until the Customer’s order (however given) is accepted by the earliest of:
a) the Company’s written acceptance
b) delivery of the Goods or Services, or
c) the date of issue of the Company’s invoice
- In the case of a change of price, the Company will always contact the Customer first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
- If the product is no longer available the Company will seek to offer the Customer a suitable alternative.
Delivery and Title
- Unless otherwise and previously agreed in writing (on each occasion) between the Company and the Customer, acceptance by the Customer of goods which have been ordered shall occur upon delivery, or attempted delivery, to the Buyer.
- If the Customer fails to take delivery, the Company is entitled to consider the order cancelled and charge a re-stock fee, or if agreed in writing the Customer may redeliver, but is entitled to charge a re-delivery fee.
- Any date of delivery given by the Company to the Customer shall be an estimate date only and while the Customer will endeavour to comply with such date the Company shall not be responsible for late delivery.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the Seller shall not be liable for late delivery or failure to deliver through any cause which is beyond the reasonable control of the
- All delivery dates are estimates only and the Company will not be held liable for any delay in delivery of the goods howsoever caused.
- Title to the goods will only pass to the Customer on receipt of payment in full of the price of the goods including all relevant taxes and delivery costs. The Company reserves the right to repossess goods in the Customer’s possession if payment is not made in full.
- If the goods the Customer is ordering are not in stock, the Company will back order the goods for the Customer and quote an estimated delivery date or offer a suitable alternative.
- All orders will have 20% VAT added.
- The Customer can request return of goods by contacting the Company via telephone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Customer will bear the cost of returning the goods to the Company unless the goods are being returned because they are incorrect or defective, in which case the Company will reimburse the cost of the return (a receipt may be required).
- On receipt of the goods by the Company the Customer will receive a credit, exchange or refund to the total value of goods returned subject to the goods being returned in an unspoilt, saleable condition.
- Any defect in the quality, quantity and condition of the goods should be notified by the Customer to the Company
- The Company will inspect the goods returned and if the defect is identified, the Customer will be given the option of replacement at no additional cost or a full refund of the price of the goods. The Company will have no further liability to the Customer.
- The Company will inspect the goods returned and if no defect is identified the goods will be returned to the Customer at the Customer’s cost.
- The Company under no circumstances will be liable to the Customer for any loss of profits, additional costs, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any defect in goods supplied. The Company’s liability will be restricted to the value of goods returned found to be defective on inspection. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer or the Company’s liability to the Customer for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or injury resulting from the Company’s negligence.
This policy explains how we collect and use your personal information. Personal information is information that can identify you – for example your name, email address or mobile phone number. Your personal information is an important asset for us and we aim to use it responsibly and to keep it secure. If you want to know more about how we use your personal information, please contact us.
What do we use your personal information for?
We use your personal information for various purposes including:
- Taking and fulfilling orders
- Processing payments
- Communicating with suppliers
- Keeping accounts and other business records
- Carrying out marketing, electronic or otherwise
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements
- Dealing with complaints or queries from our customers
- Generating data analytics to monitor and improve the performance of our website.
We believe that it is in our legitimate interests, or is necessary for the performance of a contract, to collect and use personal information to operate our business and to provide a service that you have requested. In some cases we may be under a legal duty to use or disclose personal information, for example to comply with a request from an official body.
Do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information, but this will be done on a ‘need to know’ basis and only where it is necessary to do so or where we are required to share information. We may share personal information when we buy or sell any businesses or assets. We aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that personal information that the company is legally responsible for remains properly protected and is used appropriately when in the hands of a third party.
Do we transfer personal information overseas?
Sometimes we may need to send personal information overseas, for example as part of the fulfilment of an order. When we have to do this, we aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that the information remains properly protected and is used appropriately wherever it is located geographically. This will usually be achieved by contractual means.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We aim to keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our business needs and in compliance with any legal or regulatory duties to retain personal information for a particular period. However long we retain personal information for, we will make sure it is subject to appropriate security.
What rights do you have over your personal information?
You enjoy the following rights:
- To obtain a copy of your personal information or to have it transferred to another organisation
- To have any inaccurate personal information corrected
- To have your personal information erased if its retention is no longer justified
- To have the use of your personal information restricted – i.e. not accessed or used
- To object to your personal information being processed.
We will always give you the rights that you are legally entitled to but the rights set out above are qualified ones. Any requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
You are never required to provide personal information to us but you may need to do so when you enter into a contract for the provision of our services. We will not be able to provide our services unless you provide us with the personal information we need to do so.
Do we use automated decision-making?
No, we do not carry out automated decision-making when you use our website.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
Yes, we may use your personal information to carry out marketing but we aim to only contact people who want to receive marketing. If you object to marketing – whether electronic or otherwise – please let us know and we will stop contacting you.
You can block cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, if you choose to block all cookies you may not be able to access all, or parts, of our site and some features will not work properly.
Who can you complain to if you have a concern?
If you have any concerns about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below and we will do our best to help you.
Please contact us if you want to know more about how we handle your personal information.
Address: Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd trading as Woodway UK, 25 Mallard Close, Earls Barton, Northampton, NN6 0JF.
- The Customer’s rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
- The Company shall have no liability to the Customer for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to the goods supplied or delivered caused by any event or circumstance beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
- The validity, legality or enforceability of any part of these terms and conditions will be unaffected by the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any individual part of these term and conditions.
- The terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law.
Information Security Statement
- Information security at Bunzl is governed by our Global Information Security Policy. We have a multi-layered approach to network and email security from firewalls, servers through to workstation protection and work with best of breed security partners, and vendors, who provide us with the necessary knowledge, tools and technology to support our multi-layered security and network architecture.
- We have implemented a blend of controls using people, processes and technologies from industry leading suppliers. We actively monitor these controls to ensure their effectiveness and to highlight deficiencies and highlight improvements.
- Patching is undertaken routinely and we have a dedicated security team responsible for infrastructure and applications. We conduct weekly antivirus scanning of servers and workstations and regular penetration tests and security audits.
- Our systems are hosted by a secure Tier 3/4 data centre provider and are backed up and tested regularly. Our data retention policy requires us to securely store backups for a minimum of 7 years Business continuity plans exist in each of our businesses.
- Access to our systems is a role based model using least privileged principles, all users are provided with unique access ID’s and passwords that are changed regularly. We monitor and routinely check access control lists for accuracy and appropriateness.
- We take the security our customer data very seriously, it is never shared with any 3rd parties and only used appropriately.
For more information, contact us.